Position #: 2983
Category: Engineering/Architectural Services
Civil/Structural Designer to assist with the preparation of various aspects of the civil/structural design for the Waste Site Remediation system, including necessary modifications to building.
The candidate will provide senior designer support for the construction, installation, turnover, and startup of the Remote Soil Excavation Project. This project will require the candidate to support the design, fabrication, and deployment of the structural components necessary to assist the project’s mission to remove contaminated soils beneath the building.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare and update fabrication drawings.
• Assist in the preparation of design and field changes (e.g. Design Change Notices (DCNs)/Facility
Modification Packages (FMPs)) to project drawings during construction.
• Perform field walk downs in preparation of as-built drawings. Note that walk downs will occur in a
radiological environment. Radiological Worker Training will be required.
• Interface with design team to resolve design issues/comments on the Remote Soil Excavation Project.
• Monitor installation activities to ensure compliance with the engineered design associated with civil/structural installations.
• Assist in resolution of field installation issues concerning installation of structural components.
• Provide input to construction field changes.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of pertinent Hanford Site design standards to ensure technical products are fully compliant with company requirements.
• 15 years of civil/structural systems design experience with a minimum of 2 years nuclear (commercial or Department of Energy Facilities).
• Must demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD and 3D Modeling software for land development and heavy concrete structural system designs, respectively.
• Previous experience and familiar with Hanford site drawing standards and preparation of drawings supporting DCNs and FMPs.
• Must be experienced with designs related to foundation underpinning utilizing jet grouting in a radiological environment.
• Must be able to work at a construction work site which will include routine job-site walk downs with engineers and construction forces.
• Progressive experience with civil engineering site work design for commercial, industrial, municipal, etc.
• Trained to go into radiological controlled areas – Obtains Rad Worker II Qualification.
Contract position through 9/30/18. Work schedule is 4- 10s, Monday-Thursday.
Please email resume to email@example.com.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line.