Position #: 2988
Category: Engineering/Architectural Services
Contracted Labor Position Title: Engineer
Estimated Duration of Assignment: Date of Award through 09/30/2018
FT/PT – Hours: FT 40
Work Location: MO2232/300 Area – or as otherwise directed by the CLR Supervisor
Mechanical Engineer to serve as Project Engineer to support the design for the development of remotely operated equipment and ancillary components used to remove contaminated soils beneath 324 building.
The candidate will be required to support the fabrication, testing and deployment of remotely operated equipment with tooling to remove contaminated soils beneath the 324 building. Support equipment will include a remotely operated excavator arm (REA) with associated tools, holders and mounts, transfer mechanism, hydraulic power units, manipulator arms, concrete saw, and a remotely operated impact device (ROID).
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide design review of the existing 300-296 design media
• Interface with design team to provide oversight and resolve comments on the 300-296 Waste Site Project.
• Monitor installation activities to ensure compliance with the engineered design associated with mechanical installations
• Develop logic, duration and man-hour requirements for discipline's portion of the engineering schedule. • Reviews the schedule periodically to ensure that it is maintained and that man-hour expenditures are kept within budget limits.
• Assist in development of operation and maintenance procedures
• Assist in resolution of field installation issues concerning installation of equipment
• Support with design review record comment resolution, disposition, and close-out
• Subcontractor submittal reviews
• Facilitate resolution of subcontractor RCI’s
• Support development of Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), Design Change Notices (DCN’s) and redlines per procedure
• Provide input to construction field changes
• Provide support during Construction Acceptance Test (CAT) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP)
• Interface directly with Project Management, Construction Management, Buyer’s Technical Representative (BTR), and Engineering to provide timely resolution on engineering issues in the field, with a focus primarily on mechanical issues
• Provide support, as needed, during project status meetings, budgetary planning and travel as needed to witness subcontractor factory acceptance testing
• Serve as the interface between construction management, 324 Building Facility Engineering and Operations, as well as, interface with the 300-296 Remote Soil Excavation Project Engineering group.
• Manage and facilitate the development of Engineering Change Requests, construction aids, and engineering packages to assist Project Technical Services with documentation needed for the bid process.
• Provide assistance to the Engineering Manager as needed to ensure resources are available to support field activities.
• Work with Project Controls to ensure the schedule indicates the appropriate predecessors and successors to activities in the schedule.
• Work with the Testing Manager to ensure the project engineers have provided the necessary input for the development of the Acceptance Test Procedures/Operational Test Procedures.
• Interface with Transportation Safety for the design, development and delivery of the waste boxes.
• Provide oversight of equipment vendors/subcontractors and review vendor submittals.
BS in Mechanical Engineering with a broad knowledge of dynamic mechanical systems with electrical interfaces
Must have experience with review and approvals of fabrication of components
Minimum 15 years of overall engineering experience.
Minimum 5 years project engineering experience at a nuclear and Department of Energy facility.
Experience with DOE or DOD Nuclear Safety requirements.
Advanced degree in engineering
PE Licensure is a plus.
Security Clearance Required: No
Testing Designated Position: No
Commercial Driver Lic: No
Nuclear Facility Position: No
Occupational Medical Screening: No
EJTA: Employee will need Hazardous Waste Worker and Respirator User medical evaluations
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements, please email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line.